With so many different tile colors and designs to choose from at Black Diamond Flooring, you can update any project in your home. Create an eye-catching Moroccan-inspired display with your kitchen backsplash, modernize your walls with stacked cultured stone, or upgrade your shower with a stylish herringbone pattern. Whatever you have in mind, an important choice to make when choosing tile is to consider whether you would like porcelain or ceramic tile.
- Tends to be more affordable than porcelain tile
- Is easier to cut for installation
- Is available in more colorful and artistic/textured options
- Usually has a glazed surface color, so chips may reveal a different color beneath the surface
Ceramic tile tends to be lower cost than porcelain and can be a fashionable choice that may be used to make creative designs. Please note that ceramic tiles are more porous than porcelain and are not recommended for high-moisture areas such as showers.
- Has a much lower rate of water absorption and is considered frost resistant, making it suitable for interior and exterior use
- Is significantly more dense and has a superior breaking strength than ceramic
- Is harder than natural stone and costs less than natural stone
- Contains the same color throughout the tile, so chips may be less noticeable if they happen
Porcelain tile is a durable option that can be used indoors or outdoors, is suitable for showers, kitchens, bathrooms, backsplashes, high traffic areas, walls and more. It is less likely to be chipped than ceramic and is a fantastic long-lasting tile solution for your home. Please stop by our showroom to check out all the current tile designs that are waiting for you.
Come see us in Florence, Oregon on the corner of 20th street and highway 101 or contact us to set up a free estimate for tile installation: 541-997-7500 or Jake@blackdiamondflooring.com.